Welcome to Natation Allée!

Whether you are a competitive swimmer
or just like splashing around in the water,
THIS BLOG IS FOR YOU (:

For more information about me, click here!

11 February 2009

About Me.


^ junior year of high school at districts

My name is Mannie & I'm twenty-one years young. I'm more graceful in water than on my own two feet.

I grew up in the water, but started swimming competitively when I was seven. I swam for a club team and also, when I started high school, I swam for that team, too. After I graduated (2006) I wasn't able to find a good, local masters team to join; All the ones around me were 80 year olds swimming to stay healthy... I still wanted to compete! This is when I basically stopped swimming. I tried to stick with it (going to lap swim & coaching myself) but between two jobs, six days a week it was tough. In late July 2008 I moved about two hours away from home (Mount Dora, FL) to live with my boyfriend of almost four years while he attends class in Tampa at the University of South Florida. My boyfriend & I really tried to stay fit (using our apartment complex exercise room) but we just couldn't keep to it. My boyfriend, Austin, has joined in starting up a crew (rowing) club for USF. They have workout meetings on campus and I've decided to go along and swim while he's in the gym.

It feels amazing to be back in the pool! I'm all hooked again, so I've created this blog! I plan to track & share my workouts, share my favorite healthy recipes (I'm vegetarian, but Austin isn't, so I'll share some meat recipes, too), talk about swimming techniques, and answer any and all questions you readers may have!

Get to know me (: Follow my blog? Let's talk!

♥Mannie

ps(I may add more later, hehe)

2 comments:

oriental banana said...

Looking forward to following your progress... and the veggie recipes! I'm an at-home-only veggie :)

Reesa said...

You are an inspiration! I want to see those recipes also. I am not a vegetarian, but my son and his wife are and I would love some new dishes that we can share.