Welcome to Natation Allée!

Whether you are a competitive swimmer
or just like splashing around in the water,
THIS BLOG IS FOR YOU (:

For more information about me, click here!

26 February 2009

MIA

Hey readers! I'm so sorry I've been MIA for the last couple weeks!

I work at Applebee's as a server and for the last couple of weeks, I've been picking up extra shifts and working lots of long hours. I haven't been able to make it to the pool... I'm very sad about it.

I figure this though...
I've been pretty consistent with my weight (~ 130lbs) even without being at the pool or working out at all. I'm on my feet during my whole work shifts... this counts as a workout right? (: One thing I need to work on is watching what I eat. I'm vegetarian & I tend to eat really healthy anyhow, but after work I'm so tired, I just make up something quick and filling. I just need to work on making healthy meals in advance. Or maybe even taking an apple or something to munch on during my shift (instead of sharing fries with another server, lol). One easy (super minimal effort) "workout" trick I learned from my aunt... just suck in your stomach (tighten abs) for a few minutes (like for a length of a song on the radio). I could apply this to work.. maybe while I am preparing drinks for my customers, I could tighten my abs, or maybe while I take orders I could do it. I'm already working my legs enough and my arms from all the lifting/carrying of drinks/plates... just need to get my abs in shape (:

Do you work on your feet?
Do you think I could consider my serving shift as a workout?

Mannie

No comments: